September 24, 2012

When Lipsticks Bandits do Nudes


I may have cried a little bit when the Bandits suggested to do nudes for September, because I don't do nudes, and my brain ran into panick mode: I don't have nude lipsticks, and nudes look no good on me.

Well actually, thinking further, that is actually true if you think of those very pale concealer-like nudes. Remember 2008 when all the fuss was about Gosh Darling or Mac Creme D'Nude? I got both back them and they looked AWFUL on me. That kind of nude is just a big no-no for a girl like me, who needs contrast to look alive!

But if you define nudes as "barely there", then I can play along. Although I always tend to favor a bright lip, some looks just look better with a more discrete lip color. For me, those shades will invariably be brown-based, I have no idea why, but I think they suit me better, and they look closer to my natural lip color than anything pink-based.

Enters Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew sheer lipstick in Perfume of His Gaze

I don't think the swatch looks particularly pretty, and to be honest the bullet isn't much more visually appealing, but once it's applied on me, it does work (in my opinion).
And as you can see I have it paired with a glowy, rather neutral face, and a neutral taupy eye, so it's all variations around brown-based colors even if they are at different places on the cool/warm spectrum.



I will just add that this lipstick is quite moisturizing and comfortable without slipping too much, and that it has a slightly minty smell and taste.

Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks are €27 and are available from Zuneta.

Discover other Nudes you Need on the other Bandit's blogs:

Beauty Reflections
Eye Heart It
Getting Cheeky
Glitter Geek
Messy Wands
My Funny Valentine
My Women Stuff
theNotice: a beauty blog


21 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Mariella! I love it! And it RBR which I love! I need to try one of their lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, I know most bandits picked Dior this time but since I had picked Dior last month, I thought we'd fancy a change!

      Delete
  3. Well I think this nude lippie looks gorgeous on you!!!

    Duh.... Im doing a RED LIPPIE week this week.... even thinking of going red lippie al Winter :)

    (ps: gosh I visited your blog quite often but never really leave a reply, will try to do this from no one! I get so many good ideas through your blog!) (English isnt my native tongue, sorry if I sound like an idiot!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra :) Feel free to post in Dutch if it's easier for you :)

      Delete
  4. You look lovely! It's not a scary nude at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful natural lip on you, Mariella! It's nude but it's there. :) Very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like the lip, but your skin is absolutely glowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika, I'm afraid this was the Summer glow and it's now gone :-s

      Delete
  7. Rouge Bunny Rouge lipstick! I love it, and this looks absolutely incredible on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not usually like nude lipsticks, mainly because I don't get them. Why not just not wear lipstick. BUT...that is really, really pretty. And it loks very nice on you. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, but they look more polished than no lipstick at all :) Well, that's how we justify them ;)

      Delete
  9. I adore RBR lippies- they're so luscious and moisturising. I also find that brown based nudes look better on me than pinky ones, I think it's because we both have warm skin tones.

    Love the look here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt the exact same way as you about a nude lip! I could never pull the original blotted out lip look, but the new incarnation of nude lipsticks is definitely flattering. This one looks lovely and wait! I don't have an RBR lippie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nudes WORK on you girl, or at least this one does! I remember my first nude... it was a Sephora brand and I looked like death.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoot... did my comment post? they always make me read that crazy code and enter it and I can never figure out what the letters are... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did post LOL - but I had so much spam at some point I had to activate comment moderation, so you don't see it until I release it.

      Delete
  13. Nudes are tricky but I think most folks look good in nude...in the right nude that is... I can't take those concealer type nudes either and need something with a bit of pink or warm tone to it to give my lips some life. You look good here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This colour looks beautiful on you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always I can't get over how flawless your skin is. You're very lucky. I love a good nude lipstick. this one look stunning

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!