November 19, 2012

Vampy Bandits



I am going to be brutally honest: there are a lot of things about Autumn/Fall that I don't like - most probably because it's a rainy, windy and generally gloomy time of the year where I live.
But I must admit there are a few wonderful things to it too, especially crisp sunny days in the park to admire the colorful leaves, and of course vampy lipstick.

I am not one to think that a particular color should be reserved for a particular time of the year, however it is very true that Autumn always bring me back to vampy colors.
I tend to love them with a smokey eye, but then they can look a bit goth in some people's opinion, so for this episode of the Bandit Adventures, I thought I'd venture into something I rarely do : a glowy skin, nude eyes, and the vampy lip as the focus point.

And, in the vampy register, let me introduce you:
Chanel Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir.

Ah, I love Rouge Noir as a color. It was my first Chanel nailpolish back in the 90's (yes I am that old) it was chic, elegant and a bit edgy and not it is still exactly that but on the lips.
Of course, you can wear it full on, as I often do, but on the pictures I am wearing it patted with a finger on the lips (and no lipliner on), which I think will be more comfortable for many women.

It is paired with Addiction Dewy Glow foundation, a lick of YSL Faux Cils mascara, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Florita blush on the cheeks - blush is mandatory with such a strong color, especially when you are as pale as me, or it will wash you out.
As a result, a simple but pretty look that is not dramatic at all despite the scary bullet color of this lipstick. And, see, it works as well if you want to sport the "librarian" look ;-)



See the other Bandits' picks:

18 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I love how you paired it with Florita.

    I tried this l/s in the store (I was the first to try, they just put it on the shelf, otherwise, brrrrr a no go) and I looked like a "gothic", nothing wrong with that, but I didnt like it.

    How did you make it work??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! If you pat it instead of applying straight from the bullet, it's a bit less dark. And also the ton of blush is necessary so us pale girls don't look like ghosts!

      Delete
    2. Ah good idea @ patting it on!

      Delete
  2. LOVE it! It's really great on you! I love this one! It's right up my alley! And I love how you wore blush with it too! I do the same when I wear a dark lip otherwise I look so washed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it looks so good on you! I will have to try dark lipstick with glasses, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And very every day wearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This one looks so different on you than it does on Xiao -- I think probably because she wears it much more full-on. It looks absolutely stellar both ways, though; I might just have to take a look at this one for my first Chanel lipstick ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae, I love wearing it full on as well but that looks very different, indeed!

      Delete
  6. Rouge Noir looks lovely on you! I hope you wear this frequently, it really is your ideal deep plum.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, I need to check this one out! It actually looks very wearable :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, gorgeous! And Chanel :) I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cheek and lip combo! So perfect for Fall! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely, really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely shade, and I love the blush on you! Shall have to check that one out, don't I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should check out RBR blushes, for sure ;)

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!