March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Barry M. Dazzle Dusts

I've decided to revisit some products that have been sitting in my makeup collections for years, and that I haven't used in a really long time. So this Throwback Thursday thing should be coming back regularly.
I felt like starting with two products that I used to wear a lot, and that used to be so popular in the beauty community. If you can remember, circa 2008-2009, YouTuber Panacea81 aka Lauren Luke made the Barry M. Dazzle Dusts incredibly popular. The range was huge, back then, but has been quite reduced since.
At some point, I owned almost all the colors, including the most crazy ones. I got rid of a lot because I really didn't use them at all, but I kept some favorites, and that includes those two:



Barry M Dazzle Dusts in Mushroom and Old Gold. Do you remember the taupe gorgeousness that is Mushroom? It was raved about on all the blogs back then.

And I think they really do work well together! See for yourself:




You'll see that face again because I need to tell you about that lipstick.

Do you still own some Barry M Dazzle Dusts? Did you use to use them? Would you wear them again?

8 comments:

  1. I still use mine and love them! I've been considering doing a post on them as well as I'm sad to see the range decrease in highstreet stores (although there are lots still online and some larger stands like the Oxford St Topshop still has a pretty big range)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should post, we need to bring it back! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, both of these shades look stunning! I just know I won't take loose shadows out that much at all, but these are seriously tempting! Riiiight up my alley! Can't wait to hear about that lipstick, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny, that's always the problem with loose shadow, they're a bit too messy for daily commitment...

      Delete
  3. Both colors are so pretty. they look great on you. I wanna try this out too. I think I wanna try Mushroom. Its perfect for a light smokey eye effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's still sold, but if it is, grab it for sure! They're great value for money!

      Delete
  4. I love this series and you look seriously beautiful! This eyeshadow combo might be one of my all-time faves on you :) The state of the dazzle dust range makes me unspeakably sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was such a beautiful range :( I'm glad I kept a few pretty colors!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!