April 21, 2014

Dior Glow Maximizer versus Laura Mercier Radiance Primer.



This review/comparison is going to be short and sweet, because really, in my opinion, those two products don't compare in terms of results.

The Laura Mercier Radiance Primer.
  • Comes in a tube
  • You apply this under makeup
  • It gives a very radiant finish to the skin, a bit too much to be worn on its own, but looks perfect once your base is on top - never oily, just fresh and luminous.
  • It makes my makeup wear like IRON. That's what I wear for weddings, special events, long days... you name it. It never disappoints me.
  • 30 ml tube - US$ 33 - € 41
Laura Mercier Radiance - ingredients.Water, Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25, Tocopherol Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Tropolone, Butylene Glycol, Plankton Extract. May Contain (+/-): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide).

The Dior Glow Maximizer - Light Boosting Primer
  • Comes in a nice tube with a pump, very hygienic
  • You apply this under makeup, mixed with base or on top of it
  • Although I do see on my fingers that this is giving a golden sheen to the skin, I cannot see the effect on my face to save my life. I have tried it under makeup, on top of makeup, mixed with base, under AND on top of base... It just doesn't look like it's on my skin at all.
  • It improves longevity a little bit, but nothing drastic
  • 30ml tube - US$ 42 - € 38.

Dior Glow Maximizer - ingredients.
Water, Caprylic/Capric/Succinic Triglyceride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propanediol, Ci 77891(Titanium Dioxide), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Odium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-21, Squalane, Butylenes Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Steareth-2, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Aplinia Galanga Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Xanthan Gum, CI 75740 (Carmine), Linalool, Limonene, Bytylphenyl Methylpropional, Silica, Citronellol.


Conclusion.
If you are normal to oily and want to put a toe in the world of liquid highlighters, then perhaps this Dior product is for you.
In any other case, don't think twice and get the Laura Mercier. I very much regret getting the Dior one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you ! Is the mercier better than the nars. I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried any Nars primer (excepted for the eyes) so I wouldn't know, sorry!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!